Every participant is required to pay the registration fee to attend SMC 2018.
|Early Registration by July 20, 2018||Late Registration after July 21, 2018|
|Non-IEEE Member||97,000 JPY||121,000 JPY|
|*Supporting Society Member||80,000 JPY||100,000 JPY|
|IEEE Member||77,000 JPY||96,000 JPY|
|IEEE SMCS Member||74,000 JPY||92,000 JPY|
|Non-IEEE Student Member||47,000 JPY||58,000 JPY|
|IEEE Student Member||38,000 JPY||47,000 JPY|
|IEEE Life Member||38,000 JPY||47,000 JPY|
|**Additional Reception Ticket on 10/7||3,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|**Additional Banquet Ticket on 10/9||12,000 JPY||12,000 JPY|
|Each additional paper||38,000 JPY|
|Extra page fee (price per page)||7,000 JPY|
|***Replacement of lost badges||6,000 JPY|
* Please visit the link page to see supporting societies.
** Extra tickets (for Receptions and Conference Banquet) can be bought on the conference venue while seats are available.
*** Lost Conference Badges can be replaced for an additional payment of 6,000 JPY on the spot – ONLY for pre-registered participants!
- All amounts are to be made in Japanese Yen. See Currency Converter.
- All conference attendees (SMC 2018) must register using the Online Conference Registration website.
- Full registration fee includes admission to all Conference sessions, Workshops, Conference program book, Proceedings, admission to Receptions, Conference banquet, and Coffee breaks.
- Student registration fee includes admission to all Conference sessions, Workshops, Conference program book, Proceedings, admission to Receptions, and Coffee breaks.
- Student and graduated student registration requires at least half-time status in an accredited degree program at a college or university.
- Proof of student status requires one of the following to be shown during registration at the Conference:
- Copy of a current IEEE student membership card, or
- Valid student card, or
- Letter from the student’s institution on a college or university letterhead stating that the student is pursuing a degree at least half-time.
- Each full or student registration includes publication of one paper (up to 6 pages in length) in the Conference proceedings. Two more extra pages are allowed with the payment of extra page fee 7,000 JPY per page). Paper (not page) addition is allowed only to participants with full registration.
- Each additional paper that has an author with full registration requires an additional payment of 38,000 JPY. A maximum of 3 additional papers is allowed.
- The number of additional tickets (Additional Reception Ticket and Banquet) are limited. The additional tickets are non-refundable and they are available while seats are available.
- Cancellation Policy: Your conference fees for SMC 2018 can be refunded for a cancellation fee of 20,000 JPY on or before August 31, 2018 with the following exception: if your registration was used to upload a final paper to SMC 2018, there will be no refund. After August 31, 2018, Conference fees cannot be refunded. All refunds will be processed after the Conference.
- Registration and Payment Policy: You have to finalize your registration procedure (registration and payment) till July 20, 2018, if you want your paper to be published in the Conference Proceedings. Please note that at least one author must pay the registration fee to include the paper in the Proceedings. Late and on-site registration will be available till the end of the conference.
- The members of SMC2018 Organizing Committee and Advisory Committee are exempted from paying the registration fee.
- Join IEEE. Details on joining the IEEE are shown here. New IEEE members, and returning members with a lapse in service, joining IEEE between March 1 and August 15, are billed at half of the full year membership dues for 2018 and will receive membership benefits through December 31, 2018.