The SMC Society awards travel grants for students who are in most need and lack of financial resources to attend. Successful grant recipients will receive a reimbursement ($500 of each) upon registering and presenting her/his paper at SMC 2018.
- Applicant must be an author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student/Graduated Student Member
Click here to see how to join as SMC student member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Student Grant Application Form (attached as below)
- An official letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Copy of IEEE Membership Card (scanned or downloaded in PDF format from ieee.org)
- Copy of Student Card
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format.
All documents should be zipped and send to Roxanna Pakkar, Student Activities Chair (email@example.com) by June 29, 2018. Please use “SMC 2018 Student Travel Grant Application” as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made after July 27.
The student status will be inspected based on the SAMIEEE/IEEE OU Analytics database as well.
Download the application form.